14 November, 15:00 – 15:30
Banking Less: How Digital Helped a Bank to Live More
4.5 years ago, DBS set aside a small group of people to build a digital bank. Going after 3 of the 4 largest countries in the world, DBS has shown significant success, and can now be found inspiring followership around the world in banks, non-banks, and even business school case studies.
- Thelissa is one of the founding team of Digital Bank.
- She led customer experience, experiments, and was one of the first to conduct ethnographic research for Digital Bank in India, personally setting the example of senior leaders speaking to customers directly and bringing insights back to product and experience development.
- Before that, DBS appointed her as the General Manager of YOLO, a social gaming app to study customer behavior and learn how to capture and use data in new ways.
- She has data engineering experience overseeing “Data First” for digibank in Indonesia, a program to deliver data analytics capabilities and a data driven culture in Digital Bank, ahead of our launch in Indonesia last year.
- She has set up and led the U.S.E. (Usage, Sales and Experience) team for Digital Bank. She has also developed digital strategy for DBS at the group level, and in various emerging and developed markets, including Vietnam and Japan. Thelissa’s work on DBS’s group digital strategy is now studied in business schools and at competitors.
- She is now leading a confidential initiative on the next wave of digital. With an increasingly broad global following, we are careful about releasing our strategies before they are ready.
- Thelissa is a global citizen, holding passports from the UK and Brazil, is multi-lingual. She has lived and worked in the UK, Australia, France, Singapore, Brazil, and Chile.